Sugar Free Raspberry Coconut Lime Cream Torte
I have a fabulous dessert recipe to share with you-Raspberry Coconut Lime Cream Torte. Lime is such a great tart citrus to add because it makes this dessert so smooth and refreshing.
Putting coconut around the edges that’s shredded and sugar free makes you feel like you can eat the whole piece of torte in one tropical refreshing bite. Not only is this recipe sugar free is also gluten free because I’ve added the coconut flakes to the crust instead of using regular flour. This recipe is easy and amazingly good because it combined cocoa, coconut and dates to make this dessert a light surprising delicious treat everyone will enjoy.
This time of year people feel like their diets need to start for the new year so they should pass on all the treats family and neighbors bring by!
Having a Low Calorie SUGAR FREE dessert will be the best thing ever! Plus it’ll only make you want to have more then maybe you originally planned too. The recipe is made with Lite&Sweet which is a natural sweetener. The raspberries will also bring out an exquisite flavor combined with the citrus lie.
This fresh Raspberry Coconut Lime Torte is one that everyone will love. It’s also super easy to make! I hope you enjoy it!
For the crust
· 1 cup dates
· 1 cup almonds
· 1Ž2 cup coconut shaves
· 1Ž2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
· 1Ž4 cup Lite&Sweet
· 1Ž4 cup old-fashioned oats
· 1Ž4 cup coconut oil
· 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
· 1 pinch of salt
For the filling
· 2 cans (800 ml) light coconut cream
· 1Ž2 cup powder Lite&Sweet
· 2 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen
· zest of one lime
· 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
· 11Ž2 tablespoons unflavored gelatin powder
· 2 tablespoons coconut oil
· fresh raspberries for garnish
For the crust
Heat the oven for 325 degrees.
Line the bottom of a spring form pan with a parchment paper circle. Set aside.
Place all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and pulse for 5-7 minutes or until the mixture reaches the consistency of coarse sand.
Transfer the mixture to the spring form pan and distribute it evenly. Use the bottom of a flat glass to firmly press the mixture together.
Place the crust in the oven for 10 minutes and let it cool until ready to add the filling, for at least 30 minutes.
For the filling
1. In a high-speed blender or food processor powder the Lite&Sweet by adding a cup at the time of the Lite&Sweet for 1 minute. Check the texture after 1 minute, if still grainy continue to blend in 30-second increments until it is completely powder. Place the coconut cream, powder lite&sweet, raspberries, lime zest and juice together in a blender. Blitz until smooth (about 2 minutes).
2. Transfer the mixture to a saucepan on low heat. In a small bowl add the gelatin, and dissolve with a teaspoon of water. Add the mixture to the sauce pan and cook over medium heat, stirring often, until it reaches the boiling point. Reduce heat to simmer for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
3. Remove the mixture from the heat and add the coconut oil.
4. Transfer the mixture back to the blender and blitz for one minute to fully incorporate the coconut oil.
5. Let the mixture rest in the blender for 15 minutes and then give it one more quick blitz to eliminate any ‘skin’ that has formed on the top. Immediately pour the mixture into the springform pan.
6. Tap the springform pan on the counter to release any excess air bubbles. Refrigerate the tart for at least 4 hours before serving.
7. To serve, top with fresh raspberries and dates.
No Sugar Added Vanilla Ice Cream Raise your hand if you own an ice cream machine? Raise your hand if you use it 5 times week? If you fall into both of those categories than you are exactly like me! There’s something about homemade ice cream that makes summer that much...
Do you ever feel like once you start eating watermelon you can’t stop? Because that’s how I am! If there is a bowl full of watermelon sitting in front of me I will eat every single piece and will try to not share any of it. So instead of being greedy and keeping the...
Gluten Free Coconut Milk Tapioca Pudding Sugar-Free Coconut Milk Tapioca Pudding (Dairy and Gluten-Free) This Sugar-Free Coconut Milk Tapioca Pudding (Dairy and Gluten-Free) makes an excellent Passover dessert. Actually, this makes an amazing sweet treat for any...