Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie
‘Tis the season! …Of indulgence. It’s the holiday season, which means we’re all being gluttonous sitting around the dinner table with our family and friends. It’s rare that we use portion control during Thanksgiving, and we tend to eat until we’re uncomfortably full, and then top it off with pie. Let’s switch it up a bit this Thanksgiving and make some of these dinner staples a little bit healthier. Like this sugar free pumpkin pie.
This traditional pumpkin recipe mixes the wonderful flavors of ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon while being completely sugar free with an excellent sweet flavor.
Counterpoint this pie with fresh made sugar free whipped cream making this sugar free pumpkin pie mouthwatering for the holidays.
- 1 cup all-purposed flour
- 1/3 cup vegetable shortening or cold unsalted butter cut into pieces
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 to 3 tbsp cold water
- ¾ cup Lite&Sweet
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
- 1 can (12 fl. Oz) evaporated milk
- Combine flour and salt in a medium bowl; cut the vegetable shortening into the mixture until is crumbly.
- Sprinkle with water; blend until mixture holds together. If using butter place the ingredients into a food processor and pulse until mixture is uniform, hold back the water adding 1 tbsp at the time.
- Shape dough into ball; place on lightly floured surface.
- Roll out dough to 1/8 inch thickness. Line pie plate with pastry.
- Turn edge under; crimp edge as desired.
- Mix Lite&Sweet, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves in a small bowl.
- Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin puree, beat low speed until well combined.
- Next add the sugar-spice mixture.
- Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake in preheated 425 degrees oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees. Bake for 40-5- minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
SUGAR FREE KEY LIME PIE I am always trying to find new, encouraging ways to eat healthy. Especially when it comes to desserts. So what if I told you that the creamy, cool pie that you crave during any time of the year comes as a healthy option? I would like to think...
Sugar Free Iced Coffee Latte · 1/2 cup coffee · 1/2 cup almond milk · 1 tablespoons Lite&Sweet · 1 tsp vanilla extract · 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon · ice INSTRUCTIONS: 1. Mix the coffee, almond milk, Lite&Sweet,...
Sugar Free Ice Tea With Lemon and Mint
No Sugar Added Banana Nut Muffins No Sugar Added Banana Nut Muffins Ingredients 1 cup Lite&Sweet 1/2 cup softened butter 2 eggs 3 to 4 medium bananas (about 1 1/2 cup) 1/2 cup buttermilk 1 teaspoon vanilla 2 cups of all purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1...
No Sugar Added Yogurt Corn Bread When I think of Cornbread I think of comfort food, now with the chilly fall weather fully upon us this is a great football game day spread with beans, greens, or a bowl of chili. We all love the yellow, flaky, sweet bread that melts in...
No Sugar Added Pumpkin Pie No Sugar Added Pumpkin Pie Happy Holidays! We are now approaching the time where we will be traveling to all of our family dinners, for the next couple of months with the holidays shortly approaching us, we will be sitting around the table...