Sugar Free Pumpkin Pie
‘Tis the season! …Of indulgence. It’s the holiday season, which means we’re all being gluttonous sitting around the dinner table with our family and friends. It’s rare that we use portion control during Thanksgiving, and we tend to eat until we’re uncomfortably full, and then top it off with pie. Let’s switch it up a bit this Thanksgiving and make some of these dinner staples a little bit healthier. Like this sugar free pumpkin pie.
This traditional pumpkin recipe mixes the wonderful flavors of ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon while being completely sugar free with an excellent sweet flavor.
Counterpoint this pie with fresh made sugar free whipped cream making this sugar free pumpkin pie mouthwatering for the holidays.
- 1 cup all-purposed flour
- 1/3 cup vegetable shortening or cold unsalted butter cut into pieces
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 to 3 tbsp cold water
- ¾ cup Lite&Sweet
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
- 1 can (12 fl. Oz) evaporated milk
- Combine flour and salt in a medium bowl; cut the vegetable shortening into the mixture until is crumbly.
- Sprinkle with water; blend until mixture holds together. If using butter place the ingredients into a food processor and pulse until mixture is uniform, hold back the water adding 1 tbsp at the time.
- Shape dough into ball; place on lightly floured surface.
- Roll out dough to 1/8 inch thickness. Line pie plate with pastry.
- Turn edge under; crimp edge as desired.
- Mix Lite&Sweet, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves in a small bowl.
- Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin puree, beat low speed until well combined.
- Next add the sugar-spice mixture.
- Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake in preheated 425 degrees oven for 15 minutes.
- Reduce temperature to 350 degrees. Bake for 40-5- minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack for 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate.
Best Gluten Free No Sugar Added Pumpkin Cheesecake Hi friends get excited for this recipe! Because I have taken on the all decadent seasonal dessert: pumpkin cheesecake traditional recipe and made it way all new and improved recipe with the same pumpkin pie flavor...
Healthy No Sugar Pumpkin Oat Cookies I could not wait until pumpkin season to make my all time favorite cookie. These are super simple to make and healthy cookies. I make those and eat them for breakfast or a snack because they are like a pumpkin granola bar. This is...
Low Carb Sweet Creamy Butternut Soup with Yogurt The weather is getting cooler and fall is in the air. It's getting cold, rainy and windy over here so we are warming up but enjoying some healthy easy homemade soup. I love eating a healthy low carb sweet creamy...
Sugar Free Pumpkin Cream Cheese Roll Pumpkin is still the best thing to bake with! Until the fall is officially over then I will stop. But that doesn't mean you can’t enjoy this sugar free pumpkin cream cheese roll at any time of the year. Because who says we can...
Sugar Free Maple Syrup This recipe is so simple to make and so much better for you than regular syrup! This syrup taste like the real maple syrup without the carbs and dreaded calories. Very low carb, no gluten, no sugar, ready in 10 minutes. In my experience for...
Sugar Free Maple Mocha Cake with Almonds Fall is my favorite season, because we can enjoy comfort flavors and spices that are so good. I love those flavors of fall to satisfy my comfy-cozy sweet tooth fall craving. Flavors like mocha, maple and almond together...