Sugar Free Pumpkin Cake with Walnut Maple Frosting
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup Lite&Sweet
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup sour cream
- 2 ½ cups powder Lite&Sweet
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened.
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter or spray grease a 9-inch square baking pan; and line with parchment, and butter or spray the parchment. Dust with flour, tapping out excess.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter, Lite&Sweet and pumpkin puree until fluffy, 3 to 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition; mix in vanilla.
- Reduce mixer speed to low. Add flour mixture in 3 batches, alternating with 2 batches of sour cream, beat until just combined. Transfer batter to prepared pan; smooth top with an offset spatula. Bake until a cake tester comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Transfer pan to a wire rack to cool 10 minutes. Turn out cake onto rack to cool completely.
- Make the icing: Powder the Lite&Sweet in a high-speed blender or food processor one cup at a time to make it easier. Combine the powdered lite&sweet, maple syrup and butter in a bowl, with a hand mixer mix the icing together until smooth. Adjust the consistency with more syrup or powdered Lite&Sweet, if necessary. Spread maple icing over top of cake and sprinkle the walnuts all over the cake. Let set, at least 15 minutes, before serving in refrigerator.
Best Gluten Free No Sugar Added Pumpkin Cheesecake Hi friends get excited for this recipe! Because I have taken on the all decadent seasonal dessert: pumpkin cheesecake traditional recipe and made it way all new and improved recipe with the same pumpkin pie flavor...
Healthy No Sugar Pumpkin Oat Cookies I could not wait until pumpkin season to make my all time favorite cookie. These are super simple to make and healthy cookies. I make those and eat them for breakfast or a snack because they are like a pumpkin granola bar. This is...
Low Carb Sweet Creamy Butternut Soup with Yogurt The weather is getting cooler and fall is in the air. It's getting cold, rainy and windy over here so we are warming up but enjoying some healthy easy homemade soup. I love eating a healthy low carb sweet creamy...
Sugar Free Pumpkin Cream Cheese Roll Pumpkin is still the best thing to bake with! Until the fall is officially over then I will stop. But that doesn't mean you can’t enjoy this sugar free pumpkin cream cheese roll at any time of the year. Because who says we can...
Sugar Free Maple Syrup This recipe is so simple to make and so much better for you than regular syrup! This syrup taste like the real maple syrup without the carbs and dreaded calories. Very low carb, no gluten, no sugar, ready in 10 minutes. In my experience for...
Sugar Free Maple Mocha Cake with Almonds Fall is my favorite season, because we can enjoy comfort flavors and spices that are so good. I love those flavors of fall to satisfy my comfy-cozy sweet tooth fall craving. Flavors like mocha, maple and almond together...