Sugar Free and Gluten Free Pumpkin Cheesecake with Candied Nuts Topping
- 1 Cup almond meal
- ½ cup crushed slivered almond
- 1/3 cup Lite&Sweet
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 2(8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 15-ounce can pure pumpkin
- 1 ½ cup Lite&Sweet
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger, ground
- ¼ teaspoon cloves, ground
- ½ cup roughly chopped, toasted nuts (pecans, walnuts, almonds, etc)
- 1/4 cup of Lite&Sweet®
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 egg white (beaten until peaks)
- Dash of salt
- 1 Tbsp. butter, melted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit with rack in the center position.
- Using butter or nonstick spray , coat a 10-inch springform pan.
- In a bowl, whisk almond meal, slivered almonds, 1/3 cup Lite&Sweet, and cinnamon together. Stir in butter until almond mixture is evenly moistened. Pour almond mixture into a springform and press firmly into the bottom.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes, until golden brown.
- In a medium bowl beat the cream cheese, sour cream, pumpkin puree and Lite&Sweet until well combined. Next add the eggs, salt, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger ad cloves together scraping bottom and sides of bowl until filling is smooth. Pour filling over hot crust.
- Bake the cake about 1 hour 30 minutes, or until the outside of the cheesecake sets but the center is still loose. Cool to room temperature before removing sides of pan.
- Transfer cheesecake to serving plate and cover loosely with plastic wrap. Chill and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Prepare a 9 x 13 baking pan by lining it with parchment paper or lightly spraying with cooking spray. Spread out pecans, walnuts or almonds in a single layer onto the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Lightly toast the desired nuts for 4 to 5 minutes – remove from heat.
- Mix cinnamon and Lite&Sweet. Set aside.
- In a deep bowl, beat 1 egg white with the dash of salt until stiff – fold in Lite&Sweet/cinnamon and lightly toasted nuts. Slowly drizzle butter over mixture and fold until incorporated. Pour mixture back into baking pan and spread out to form single layer. Bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes – stir to ensure even baking. Bake for another 10 minutes and stir again – taste to ensure that nuts are not over-cooking. Bake for another 10 minutes and stir a final time.
- Remove from heat and spread out onto parchment paper. Mixture will be sticky and somewhat wet. Allow to dry for couple hours or overnight. Depending on humidity it may take a bit longer to dry out completely.
- Before serving the cheesecake top with the candied nuts and enjoy.
No Sugar Added Banana Nut Muffins No Sugar Added Banana Nut Muffins Ingredients 1 cup Lite&Sweet 1/2 cup softened butter 2 eggs 3 to 4 medium bananas (about 1 1/2 cup) 1/2 cup buttermilk 1 teaspoon vanilla 2 cups of all purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1...
No Sugar Added Yogurt Corn Bread When I think of Cornbread I think of comfort food, now with the chilly fall weather fully upon us this is a great football game day spread with beans, greens, or a bowl of chili. We all love the yellow, flaky, sweet bread that melts in...
No Sugar Added Pumpkin Pie No Sugar Added Pumpkin Pie Happy Holidays! We are now approaching the time where we will be traveling to all of our family dinners, for the next couple of months with the holidays shortly approaching us, we will be sitting around the table...
Healthy Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes If you are looking for a healthier version of classic recipes sugar free, and fewer calories for Thanksgiving this holiday season that will please everyone and allow you to indulge in your fall cravings in every dish. You have come...
Crunchy Sweet Butternut Squash Friends if you are asked to bring a side dish to your family or friends gathering during the holiday season, you will want to make this dish! Why you may ask, it's because its awesome. Don't be afraid to spit up the current recipe by...
Here is your new favorite cookie recipe! It’s Sugar Free pumpkin chocolate chip skinny recipe with low calorie and made without sugar. These delicious cookies are super moist and perfect fora pick me up fall snack. Follow along with me and see how easy peasy these...