Sugar Free Coconut Cream Pie
This recipe is a classic dessert, but a spin-off with fewer calories, is sugar free, and is healthier overall. Toasting the coconut topping gives it a rich, nutty flavor and crunchy texture. It is very moist and rich! Everyone will love it and want more after the first bit.
Not everyone likes pumpkin pie. That’s why I’ve created this sugar free coconut cream pie recipe. Your dinner guests who don’t like pumpkin pie can indulge on this sugar free coconut cream pie. Think outside of the box this holiday season, think coconut!
FOR THE CRUST
- 1 disk Pate Brisee
- All-purpose flour, for surface
- ½ cup Lite&Sweet
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 cups half and half
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/3 cup Lite&Sweet
- toasted coconut if desired
- Prepare the crust: Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll out pate brisee into a 12-inch round, about 1/8 inch thick, on a lightly floured surface. Fit dough into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Trim edge to 1 inch, fold under, and pinch to seal. Crimp as desired. Prick bottom all over with a fork.
- Freeze until firm, about 15 minutes. Line with parchment, and fill with pie weights or dried beans.
- Bake until edge is golden and set, about 25 minutes. Remove weights and parchment.
- Bake until bottom is golden and dry, about 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Filling– preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in a large heavy saucepan, mix 1/2 cup Lite&Sweet and cornstarch.
- In small bowl, beat half-and-half and egg yolks with whisk.
- Gradually add egg mixture to Lite&Sweet mixture; heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute; remove from heat.
- Stir in butter, 1 cup coconut and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla. Cover with plastic wrap, placing plastic wrap directly on custard; let stand 30 minutes.
- Spoon custard into cooled baked shell. Cover; refrigerate 30 minutes or until set.
- In medium bowl, beat whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed until foamy; gradually add 1/3 cup Lite&Sweet and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla, beating until soft peaks form.
- Spread whipped cream over pie. Sprinkle with toasted coconut. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Sugar Free Molten Lava Cakes Sometimes I feel like it’s more work for me to make one giant cake than it would be to make a few of small ones. This cake is my mothers all time favorite because it's easy, and simple to make and of course it's chocolate delicious sugar...
SUGAR FREE BERRY SPONGE CAKE If you love berries, then you’re in for a treat. Relish the sweet taste of summer all year round with this delicious Sugar Free Berry Sponge Cake. Have the sweet, tart, and creamy goodness of this cake within reach anytime because this...
No Sugar Added Carrot Cake While I love April and Easter, I really don’t love finding carrots all over my house. My girls tell me they have to hide carrots in different places for the Easter Bunny because he’s getting to smart. Little do they know I, the Easter Bunny,...