Sugar Free Coconut Cream Pie
This recipe is a classic dessert, but a spin-off with fewer calories, is sugar free, and is healthier overall. Toasting the coconut topping gives it a rich, nutty flavor and crunchy texture. It is very moist and rich! Everyone will love it and want more after the first bit.
Not everyone likes pumpkin pie. That’s why I’ve created this sugar free coconut cream pie recipe. Your dinner guests who don’t like pumpkin pie can indulge on this sugar free coconut cream pie. Think outside of the box this holiday season, think coconut!
FOR THE CRUST
- 1 disk Pate Brisee
- All-purpose flour, for surface
- ½ cup Lite&Sweet
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 cups half and half
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/3 cup Lite&Sweet
- toasted coconut if desired
- Prepare the crust: Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll out pate brisee into a 12-inch round, about 1/8 inch thick, on a lightly floured surface. Fit dough into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Trim edge to 1 inch, fold under, and pinch to seal. Crimp as desired. Prick bottom all over with a fork.
- Freeze until firm, about 15 minutes. Line with parchment, and fill with pie weights or dried beans.
- Bake until edge is golden and set, about 25 minutes. Remove weights and parchment.
- Bake until bottom is golden and dry, about 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Filling– preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in a large heavy saucepan, mix 1/2 cup Lite&Sweet and cornstarch.
- In small bowl, beat half-and-half and egg yolks with whisk.
- Gradually add egg mixture to Lite&Sweet mixture; heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute; remove from heat.
- Stir in butter, 1 cup coconut and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla. Cover with plastic wrap, placing plastic wrap directly on custard; let stand 30 minutes.
- Spoon custard into cooled baked shell. Cover; refrigerate 30 minutes or until set.
- In medium bowl, beat whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed until foamy; gradually add 1/3 cup Lite&Sweet and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla, beating until soft peaks form.
- Spread whipped cream over pie. Sprinkle with toasted coconut. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Best Gluten Free No Sugar Added Pumpkin Cheesecake Hi friends get excited for this recipe! Because I have taken on the all decadent seasonal dessert: pumpkin cheesecake traditional recipe and made it way all new and improved recipe with the same pumpkin pie flavor...
Healthy No Sugar Pumpkin Oat Cookies I could not wait until pumpkin season to make my all time favorite cookie. These are super simple to make and healthy cookies. I make those and eat them for breakfast or a snack because they are like a pumpkin granola bar. This is...
Low Carb Sweet Creamy Butternut Soup with Yogurt The weather is getting cooler and fall is in the air. It's getting cold, rainy and windy over here so we are warming up but enjoying some healthy easy homemade soup. I love eating a healthy low carb sweet creamy...
Sugar Free Pumpkin Cream Cheese Roll Pumpkin is still the best thing to bake with! Until the fall is officially over then I will stop. But that doesn't mean you can’t enjoy this sugar free pumpkin cream cheese roll at any time of the year. Because who says we can...
Sugar Free Maple Syrup This recipe is so simple to make and so much better for you than regular syrup! This syrup taste like the real maple syrup without the carbs and dreaded calories. Very low carb, no gluten, no sugar, ready in 10 minutes. In my experience for...
Sugar Free Maple Mocha Cake with Almonds Fall is my favorite season, because we can enjoy comfort flavors and spices that are so good. I love those flavors of fall to satisfy my comfy-cozy sweet tooth fall craving. Flavors like mocha, maple and almond together...