Sugar Free Coconut Cream Pie
This recipe is a classic dessert, but a spin-off with fewer calories, is sugar free, and is healthier overall. Toasting the coconut topping gives it a rich, nutty flavor and crunchy texture. It is very moist and rich! Everyone will love it and want more after the first bit.
Not everyone likes pumpkin pie. That’s why I’ve created this sugar free coconut cream pie recipe. Your dinner guests who don’t like pumpkin pie can indulge on this sugar free coconut cream pie. Think outside of the box this holiday season, think coconut!
FOR THE CRUST
- 1 disk Pate Brisee
- All-purpose flour, for surface
- ½ cup Lite&Sweet
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 2 cups half and half
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 2 ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/3 cup Lite&Sweet
- toasted coconut if desired
- Prepare the crust: Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll out pate brisee into a 12-inch round, about 1/8 inch thick, on a lightly floured surface. Fit dough into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Trim edge to 1 inch, fold under, and pinch to seal. Crimp as desired. Prick bottom all over with a fork.
- Freeze until firm, about 15 minutes. Line with parchment, and fill with pie weights or dried beans.
- Bake until edge is golden and set, about 25 minutes. Remove weights and parchment.
- Bake until bottom is golden and dry, about 10 minutes. Let cool.
- Filling– preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in a large heavy saucepan, mix 1/2 cup Lite&Sweet and cornstarch.
- In small bowl, beat half-and-half and egg yolks with whisk.
- Gradually add egg mixture to Lite&Sweet mixture; heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute; remove from heat.
- Stir in butter, 1 cup coconut and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla. Cover with plastic wrap, placing plastic wrap directly on custard; let stand 30 minutes.
- Spoon custard into cooled baked shell. Cover; refrigerate 30 minutes or until set.
- In medium bowl, beat whipping cream with electric mixer on high speed until foamy; gradually add 1/3 cup Lite&Sweet and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla, beating until soft peaks form.
- Spread whipped cream over pie. Sprinkle with toasted coconut. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
No Sugar Added Banana Nut Muffins No Sugar Added Banana Nut Muffins Ingredients 1 cup Lite&Sweet 1/2 cup softened butter 2 eggs 3 to 4 medium bananas (about 1 1/2 cup) 1/2 cup buttermilk 1 teaspoon vanilla 2 cups of all purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1...
No Sugar Added Yogurt Corn Bread When I think of Cornbread I think of comfort food, now with the chilly fall weather fully upon us this is a great football game day spread with beans, greens, or a bowl of chili. We all love the yellow, flaky, sweet bread that melts in...
No Sugar Added Pumpkin Pie No Sugar Added Pumpkin Pie Happy Holidays! We are now approaching the time where we will be traveling to all of our family dinners, for the next couple of months with the holidays shortly approaching us, we will be sitting around the table...
Healthy Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes If you are looking for a healthier version of classic recipes sugar free, and fewer calories for Thanksgiving this holiday season that will please everyone and allow you to indulge in your fall cravings in every dish. You have come...
Crunchy Sweet Butternut Squash Friends if you are asked to bring a side dish to your family or friends gathering during the holiday season, you will want to make this dish! Why you may ask, it's because its awesome. Don't be afraid to spit up the current recipe by...
Here is your new favorite cookie recipe! It’s Sugar Free pumpkin chocolate chip skinny recipe with low calorie and made without sugar. These delicious cookies are super moist and perfect fora pick me up fall snack. Follow along with me and see how easy peasy these...