SUGAR FREE CANDIED NUTS
Chestnuts roasting by an open fire…Literally! I can’t even begin to tell you how much I love Christmas songs, but even more how much I love low calorie, Christmas candied nuts. They remind me of the warmth you can bring to the season even with the cold weather outside, the thought of giving and sharing with others, and more than anything just bringing people together around a fire. I love all of those things, and if you do too then this sugar free, candied nuts recipe is perfect for you!
If you happened to catch the key word above, sugar free, you’re probably thinking, ‘how does a sugar coated nut taste the same without the sugar?’ By using xylitol and erythritol of course! Using either of theses as a sugar substitute maintains the delicious taste of that candied nut that we all love, but also manages to bring down the calories. And I love being able to share recipes with friends and family that can do both of those things.
Sharing this recipe is not the only thing that can come from these candied nuts. They also make the perfect holiday gift! If you’re like me then you probably put together last minute neighborhood gifts. Whoops. But guess what I’m giving out this year? Yep, you got it, candied nuts! They are easy to make and delicious to eat. You’ll become the neighbor that everyone will be copying next year because your sweet treat was such a hit, and who doesn’t like being a crowd pleaser? Try this recipe out and you won’t be disappointed!
Sugar Free Candied Nuts
Xylitol & Erythritol coating will give a refreshing, cooling effect as it dissolves in the mouth; coupled with the sweet/savory taste of the nuts.
- 1 pound cashews (can also use walnuts, almonds, or pecans)
- ½ cup of Lite&Sweet®
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 egg white
- Dash of salt
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees – put baking rack in middle position.
- Prepare a 9 x 13 baking pan by lining it with parchment paper or lightly spraying with cooking spray. Spread out cashews, pecans, walnuts or almonds in a single layer onto the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Lightly toast pecans for 4 to 5 minutes – remove from heat
- Mix cinnamon into Lite&Sweet. Set aside.
- In a deep bowl, beat the egg white with the dash of salt until stiff – fold in Lite&Sweet and cinnamon to the lightly toasted nuts. Slowly drizzle butter over mixture and fold until incorporated. Pour mixture back into baking pan and spread out to form single layer. Bake at 325 degrees for 10 minutes – stir to ensure even baking. Bake for another 10 minutes and stir again – taste to ensure that nuts are not over-cooking. Bake for another 10 minutes and stir a final time.
- Remove from heat and spread out onto parchment paper. Mixture will be sticky and somewhat wet. Allow to dry for several hours or overnight. Depending on humidity it may take a bit longer to dry out completely.
No Sugar Added Banana Nut Muffins No Sugar Added Banana Nut Muffins Ingredients 1 cup Lite&Sweet 1/2 cup softened butter 2 eggs 3 to 4 medium bananas (about 1 1/2 cup) 1/2 cup buttermilk 1 teaspoon vanilla 2 cups of all purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1...
No Sugar Added Yogurt Corn Bread When I think of Cornbread I think of comfort food, now with the chilly fall weather fully upon us this is a great football game day spread with beans, greens, or a bowl of chili. We all love the yellow, flaky, sweet bread that melts in...
No Sugar Added Pumpkin Pie No Sugar Added Pumpkin Pie Happy Holidays! We are now approaching the time where we will be traveling to all of our family dinners, for the next couple of months with the holidays shortly approaching us, we will be sitting around the table...
Healthy Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes If you are looking for a healthier version of classic recipes sugar free, and fewer calories for Thanksgiving this holiday season that will please everyone and allow you to indulge in your fall cravings in every dish. You have come...
Crunchy Sweet Butternut Squash Friends if you are asked to bring a side dish to your family or friends gathering during the holiday season, you will want to make this dish! Why you may ask, it's because its awesome. Don't be afraid to spit up the current recipe by...
Here is your new favorite cookie recipe! It’s Sugar Free pumpkin chocolate chip skinny recipe with low calorie and made without sugar. These delicious cookies are super moist and perfect fora pick me up fall snack. Follow along with me and see how easy peasy these...