Gluten Free Banana Cream Pie
Gluten Free Banana Cream Pie
3/4 cup Gluten Free Rolled Oats
3/4 cup Sliced Almonds
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
2 tbsp Lite and Sweet
1/4 cup Melted Coconut Oil
3 tbsp Cornstarch
1/3 cup powder Lite and Sweet
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1 1/2 cups Unsweetened Plain Almond Milk
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
3 rip Bananas, sliced
Sugar Free Whipping Cream:
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup powdered Lite&Sweet
1-2 more just ripe bananas, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a standard pie dish. Set aside.
- Add Lite and Sweet to food processor and run for 1-2 minutes until the sweetener is powered. Next add oats, almonds, and sea salt, to a food processor and mix/pulse on high until a fine meal is achieved.
- Remove lid and add melted coconut oil, starting with 1/4 cup and adding more if needed. Pulse/mix on low until a loose dough is formed, scraping down sides as needed. You should be able to squeeze the mixture between two fingers and form a dough instead of it crumbling. If too dry, add a bit more melted coconut oil.
- Transfer mixture to pie pan and spread evenly to distribute with a flat-bottomed object, and press down firmly until it’s evenly distributed and well packed on the bottom and up the sides. You can use a spoon or the bottom of a measuring cup to pack the crust into the pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and there is some browning on the surface. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- In the meantime, prepare the filling in a sauce pan over medium heat by adding cornstarch, powdered Lite and Sweet, and salt whisking in almond milk to avoid clumps.
- Cook until bubbling, whisking frequently. Then reduce heat to low and continue cooking for 8-10 more minutes, using a rubber spatula to scrape the sides and bottom.
- Once it appears to thicken like a pudding, remove from heat, whisk in vanilla, and let cool 10 minutes. Then transfer to a glass or ceramic bowl and cover with plastic wrap, making sure the plastic wrap is touching the surface or it will form a film on top. Refrigerate until cooled and set for about 2-3 hours is preferable.
- In the meantime, place a glass mixing bowl in the freezer for 20 minutes until chilled.
- Using a blender add the Lite and Sweet and powder on high for 1 to 2 minutes until the sweetener is powdered. Set aside.
- Remove the chilled bowl from the freezer and use a handheld mixer to whip the heavy whipping cream, powder Lite and Sweet and vanilla. Mix it well until it forms soft peaks. Set in refrigerator to chill.
- Build the pie by adding slices of the bananas to the bottom of the baked crust, next add the pudding filling mixture. Smooth the top with a spoon, then cover with plastic wrap and set in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight, to chill/set.
- To serve, top with sugar free whipped cream and more sliced bananas, enjoy!
No Sugar Added Apple Streusel Cake I love a good dessert. It’s one of the main reasons I started this website. I find very few things better than a good, warm, comforting dessert that you can curl up with on a brisk autumn night. That’s where an apple streusel cake...
Low Carb Spaghetti Squash Spaghetti squash is one of my favorite things to cook with. It’s so incredibly versatile in it’s presentation, plus its pairings are nearly endless. Spaghetti squash is something you can bake up and use as a side dish with some butter, or it...
Gluten Free Cauliflower Salami Caprese Pizza Caprese is a fantastic recipe. It never feels heavy; it always feels light, and fairly healthy. You can make a caprese salad, or sandwich, but have you had it as a pizza before? Chances are you haven’t. So I decided to make...
Sugar Free Brownie Strawberry Trifle This sugar free brownie strawberry triffle is my favorite for all the occasions, I wanted to make it for a romantic night and my kids love chocolate we all enjoyed it together. It's the perfect healthy fudge, goes chocolate brownie...
No Sugar Added Blueberry Pie Blueberries can range from being very sweet to a bit tart. They are always available and for this simple pie recipe you can use frozen or fresh blueberries. If you like sweet tart blueberry pie that has no sugar except from the blueberry...
No Sugar Added Apple Crisp Ingredients: For the apple mixture: 1 T cinnamon 1/4 tsp nutmeg 5 medium apples, (granny smith apples or other tart apples work best) 1 T Lite and Sweet For the crumble: 1 cup old fashioned gluten-free oats 1/2 cup almond flour 1 tsp...