Gluten Free Banana Cream Pie
Gluten Free Banana Cream Pie
3/4 cup Gluten Free Rolled Oats
3/4 cup Sliced Almonds
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
2 tbsp Lite and Sweet
1/4 cup Melted Coconut Oil
3 tbsp Cornstarch
1/3 cup powder Lite and Sweet
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1 1/2 cups Unsweetened Plain Almond Milk
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
3 rip Bananas, sliced
Sugar Free Whipping Cream:
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup powdered Lite&Sweet
1-2 more just ripe bananas, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a standard pie dish. Set aside.
- Add Lite and Sweet to food processor and run for 1-2 minutes until the sweetener is powered. Next add oats, almonds, and sea salt, to a food processor and mix/pulse on high until a fine meal is achieved.
- Remove lid and add melted coconut oil, starting with 1/4 cup and adding more if needed. Pulse/mix on low until a loose dough is formed, scraping down sides as needed. You should be able to squeeze the mixture between two fingers and form a dough instead of it crumbling. If too dry, add a bit more melted coconut oil.
- Transfer mixture to pie pan and spread evenly to distribute with a flat-bottomed object, and press down firmly until it’s evenly distributed and well packed on the bottom and up the sides. You can use a spoon or the bottom of a measuring cup to pack the crust into the pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and there is some browning on the surface. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- In the meantime, prepare the filling in a sauce pan over medium heat by adding cornstarch, powdered Lite and Sweet, and salt whisking in almond milk to avoid clumps.
- Cook until bubbling, whisking frequently. Then reduce heat to low and continue cooking for 8-10 more minutes, using a rubber spatula to scrape the sides and bottom.
- Once it appears to thicken like a pudding, remove from heat, whisk in vanilla, and let cool 10 minutes. Then transfer to a glass or ceramic bowl and cover with plastic wrap, making sure the plastic wrap is touching the surface or it will form a film on top. Refrigerate until cooled and set for about 2-3 hours is preferable.
- In the meantime, place a glass mixing bowl in the freezer for 20 minutes until chilled.
- Using a blender add the Lite and Sweet and powder on high for 1 to 2 minutes until the sweetener is powdered. Set aside.
- Remove the chilled bowl from the freezer and use a handheld mixer to whip the heavy whipping cream, powder Lite and Sweet and vanilla. Mix it well until it forms soft peaks. Set in refrigerator to chill.
- Build the pie by adding slices of the bananas to the bottom of the baked crust, next add the pudding filling mixture. Smooth the top with a spoon, then cover with plastic wrap and set in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight, to chill/set.
- To serve, top with sugar free whipped cream and more sliced bananas, enjoy!
No Sugar Added Pumpkin Apple Bundt Cake It’s almost Thanksgiving! Finally something truly splendid to celebrate! FOOD! Oh wait… is that not what Thanksgiving is about? Well in my house we certainly give thanks for our food. To me, the best part about Thanksgiving is...
Sugar Free Bite Sized Brownies Hello Brownie lovers!! Get ready for these delicious party size treat to fit into anyone’s mouth! And have the guilt free with it not being pounded with tons of bad sugar! This Lite and Sweet xylitol and erythritol natural sweetener...
No Sugar Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies Hi friends! Pumpkin season is upon us and I can't go without making cookies. I especially like this recipe for being the ultimate healthy, soft, and chewy no sugar added pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. No need to stress this is...
No Sugar Added Celery Apple Salad With summer ending and fall arriving quickly, keeping refreshing and hydrating recipes on hand is key for maintaining a healthy balance and bringing the best dish to the party. With changing leaves, come tasty apples for mixing up our...
5 Fall Healthy Recipes | Halloween Luncheon Are you hosting a Halloween Party this year? Or bringing something to share. Treat your friends and or family to a healthy homemade feast. These are the 5 fall healthy recipes that you can serve for your next gathering that...
Gluten Free Pumpkin Cheesecake Cups This is the easiest recipe you can make this fall season, no bake sugar-free low carb gluten free Pumpkin Cheesecake Cups is going to be your dream come true! It's also kept and made with simple 7 ingredients! Pumpkin season has...