Gluten Free Banana Cream Pie
Gluten Free Banana Cream Pie
3/4 cup Gluten Free Rolled Oats
3/4 cup Sliced Almonds
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
2 tbsp Lite and Sweet
1/4 cup Melted Coconut Oil
3 tbsp Cornstarch
1/3 cup powder Lite and Sweet
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1 1/2 cups Unsweetened Plain Almond Milk
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
3 rip Bananas, sliced
Sugar Free Whipping Cream:
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup powdered Lite&Sweet
1-2 more just ripe bananas, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a standard pie dish. Set aside.
- Add Lite and Sweet to food processor and run for 1-2 minutes until the sweetener is powered. Next add oats, almonds, and sea salt, to a food processor and mix/pulse on high until a fine meal is achieved.
- Remove lid and add melted coconut oil, starting with 1/4 cup and adding more if needed. Pulse/mix on low until a loose dough is formed, scraping down sides as needed. You should be able to squeeze the mixture between two fingers and form a dough instead of it crumbling. If too dry, add a bit more melted coconut oil.
- Transfer mixture to pie pan and spread evenly to distribute with a flat-bottomed object, and press down firmly until it’s evenly distributed and well packed on the bottom and up the sides. You can use a spoon or the bottom of a measuring cup to pack the crust into the pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and there is some browning on the surface. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- In the meantime, prepare the filling in a sauce pan over medium heat by adding cornstarch, powdered Lite and Sweet, and salt whisking in almond milk to avoid clumps.
- Cook until bubbling, whisking frequently. Then reduce heat to low and continue cooking for 8-10 more minutes, using a rubber spatula to scrape the sides and bottom.
- Once it appears to thicken like a pudding, remove from heat, whisk in vanilla, and let cool 10 minutes. Then transfer to a glass or ceramic bowl and cover with plastic wrap, making sure the plastic wrap is touching the surface or it will form a film on top. Refrigerate until cooled and set for about 2-3 hours is preferable.
- In the meantime, place a glass mixing bowl in the freezer for 20 minutes until chilled.
- Using a blender add the Lite and Sweet and powder on high for 1 to 2 minutes until the sweetener is powdered. Set aside.
- Remove the chilled bowl from the freezer and use a handheld mixer to whip the heavy whipping cream, powder Lite and Sweet and vanilla. Mix it well until it forms soft peaks. Set in refrigerator to chill.
- Build the pie by adding slices of the bananas to the bottom of the baked crust, next add the pudding filling mixture. Smooth the top with a spoon, then cover with plastic wrap and set in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight, to chill/set.
- To serve, top with sugar free whipped cream and more sliced bananas, enjoy!
No Sugar Added Banana Nut Muffins No Sugar Added Banana Nut Muffins Ingredients 1 cup Lite&Sweet 1/2 cup softened butter 2 eggs 3 to 4 medium bananas (about 1 1/2 cup) 1/2 cup buttermilk 1 teaspoon vanilla 2 cups of all purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1...
No Sugar Added Yogurt Corn Bread When I think of Cornbread I think of comfort food, now with the chilly fall weather fully upon us this is a great football game day spread with beans, greens, or a bowl of chili. We all love the yellow, flaky, sweet bread that melts in...
No Sugar Added Pumpkin Pie No Sugar Added Pumpkin Pie Happy Holidays! We are now approaching the time where we will be traveling to all of our family dinners, for the next couple of months with the holidays shortly approaching us, we will be sitting around the table...
Healthy Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes If you are looking for a healthier version of classic recipes sugar free, and fewer calories for Thanksgiving this holiday season that will please everyone and allow you to indulge in your fall cravings in every dish. You have come...
Crunchy Sweet Butternut Squash Friends if you are asked to bring a side dish to your family or friends gathering during the holiday season, you will want to make this dish! Why you may ask, it's because its awesome. Don't be afraid to spit up the current recipe by...
Here is your new favorite cookie recipe! It’s Sugar Free pumpkin chocolate chip skinny recipe with low calorie and made without sugar. These delicious cookies are super moist and perfect fora pick me up fall snack. Follow along with me and see how easy peasy these...