Gluten Free Banana Cream Pie
Gluten Free Banana Cream Pie
3/4 cup Gluten Free Rolled Oats
3/4 cup Sliced Almonds
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
2 tbsp Lite and Sweet
1/4 cup Melted Coconut Oil
3 tbsp Cornstarch
1/3 cup powder Lite and Sweet
1/4 tsp Sea Salt
1 1/2 cups Unsweetened Plain Almond Milk
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
3 rip Bananas, sliced
Sugar Free Whipping Cream:
1 cup heavy cream
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup powdered Lite&Sweet
1-2 more just ripe bananas, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and grease a standard pie dish. Set aside.
- Add Lite and Sweet to food processor and run for 1-2 minutes until the sweetener is powered. Next add oats, almonds, and sea salt, to a food processor and mix/pulse on high until a fine meal is achieved.
- Remove lid and add melted coconut oil, starting with 1/4 cup and adding more if needed. Pulse/mix on low until a loose dough is formed, scraping down sides as needed. You should be able to squeeze the mixture between two fingers and form a dough instead of it crumbling. If too dry, add a bit more melted coconut oil.
- Transfer mixture to pie pan and spread evenly to distribute with a flat-bottomed object, and press down firmly until it’s evenly distributed and well packed on the bottom and up the sides. You can use a spoon or the bottom of a measuring cup to pack the crust into the pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and there is some browning on the surface. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- In the meantime, prepare the filling in a sauce pan over medium heat by adding cornstarch, powdered Lite and Sweet, and salt whisking in almond milk to avoid clumps.
- Cook until bubbling, whisking frequently. Then reduce heat to low and continue cooking for 8-10 more minutes, using a rubber spatula to scrape the sides and bottom.
- Once it appears to thicken like a pudding, remove from heat, whisk in vanilla, and let cool 10 minutes. Then transfer to a glass or ceramic bowl and cover with plastic wrap, making sure the plastic wrap is touching the surface or it will form a film on top. Refrigerate until cooled and set for about 2-3 hours is preferable.
- In the meantime, place a glass mixing bowl in the freezer for 20 minutes until chilled.
- Using a blender add the Lite and Sweet and powder on high for 1 to 2 minutes until the sweetener is powdered. Set aside.
- Remove the chilled bowl from the freezer and use a handheld mixer to whip the heavy whipping cream, powder Lite and Sweet and vanilla. Mix it well until it forms soft peaks. Set in refrigerator to chill.
- Build the pie by adding slices of the bananas to the bottom of the baked crust, next add the pudding filling mixture. Smooth the top with a spoon, then cover with plastic wrap and set in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, preferably overnight, to chill/set.
- To serve, top with sugar free whipped cream and more sliced bananas, enjoy!
Best Gluten Free No Sugar Added Pumpkin Cheesecake Hi friends get excited for this recipe! Because I have taken on the all decadent seasonal dessert: pumpkin cheesecake traditional recipe and made it way all new and improved recipe with the same pumpkin pie flavor...
Healthy No Sugar Pumpkin Oat Cookies I could not wait until pumpkin season to make my all time favorite cookie. These are super simple to make and healthy cookies. I make those and eat them for breakfast or a snack because they are like a pumpkin granola bar. This is...
Low Carb Sweet Creamy Butternut Soup with Yogurt The weather is getting cooler and fall is in the air. It's getting cold, rainy and windy over here so we are warming up but enjoying some healthy easy homemade soup. I love eating a healthy low carb sweet creamy...
Sugar Free Pumpkin Cream Cheese Roll Pumpkin is still the best thing to bake with! Until the fall is officially over then I will stop. But that doesn't mean you can’t enjoy this sugar free pumpkin cream cheese roll at any time of the year. Because who says we can...
Sugar Free Maple Syrup This recipe is so simple to make and so much better for you than regular syrup! This syrup taste like the real maple syrup without the carbs and dreaded calories. Very low carb, no gluten, no sugar, ready in 10 minutes. In my experience for...
Sugar Free Maple Mocha Cake with Almonds Fall is my favorite season, because we can enjoy comfort flavors and spices that are so good. I love those flavors of fall to satisfy my comfy-cozy sweet tooth fall craving. Flavors like mocha, maple and almond together...