Egg and Cheese Loaded Baked Potato
If you’ve ever been at a restaurant and asked for them to “hold the cheese” on your baked potato I’m not sure if we can be friends… Totally kidding! Well, kind of, because cheese is very important to me! I love cheese and many people don’t eat it because they think it’s bad for them, however eating fresh cheese is good especially if you are not gluten sensitive. There is something about the gooeyness that happens when it coats a warm baked potato that’s why I want to share this great recipe I make at least once sometimes twice per week. So when it came to creating a baked potato recipe that my family and I love, I don’t know if I wouldn’t leave out the cheese, but I decided to amp things up a little and add some protein by using eggs!
If you’re reading my blogs for the first time now you know my love for cheese, but my love for eggs might stump my love for cheese. They can be manipulated in so many different ways and are healthy, protein loaded, most nutritious ingredient in my option. Not to mention I can’t leave without it because it’s so tasty and keeps me full, healthy and satisfied until next meal. YAnd in this recipe we are using the eggs in two different ways. We incorporate them both by having whisked, runny eggs as well as a soft-boiled egg. It just adds so much extra flavor and each bite has something different to it. Now while I personally think the eggs and cheese are the stars of this dish, don’t forget that you can also add other garnishes and spices to enhance the flavors of both the cheese and eggs.
Potato bars are popular at my house. And when I bring a new ingredient to the table my family, friends, party goers or guests are ecstatic. Everyone knows that whether it’s a luncheon or just family dinner I will make something that most people haven’t tried with their original dish. It makes things fun! And I love being able to share my “secret ingredients” with others so that they can see how easy it really is to eat clean. You don’t need to make drastic changes to your lifestyle, just creative changes.
I hope you try hard at eating a healthy balanced meal with low sugar, lots of protein as well as love carb. Stay healthy everyone and eat sugar free.
Yield: 1 serving
2 large fresh Eggs, whisked
1 large Russet Potato
¼ cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons Sour Cream
1 teaspoon Butter, melted
Salt and Pepper
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
Green Onions, sliced for garnishing
Smoked Paprika (Optional)
1- 5 minute Egg cut in half (Garnish)
- Set oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit. Poke some holes in the potato with a fork. Rub the potato in the olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper all over the skin. Place the entire potato in the oven and roast for 1 hour or until done. Set aside.
- Place the egg in a pot with cold water. Make sure there’s an inch of water above the egg. Optional: Add ¼ teaspoon of white vinegar in the water to help the shells peel off the egg easier.
- Place the pot on the burner over high-heat and bring to a light boil.
- When the water begins to boil, cover the pot with a lid, turn off the burner and remove from heat.
- Immediately set a timer for 5 minutes. During this time prep a bowl of cold water and ice.
- When 5 minutes is up, remove them from the pot and gently dunk them in the bowl of ice cold water to cool.
- Gently crack and peel the eggs. Set aside.
- Melt the teaspoon of butter in a sloped saute or egg pan over medium heat. Add the whisked eggs to the pan and cook, constantly stirring with the spatula so that it doesn’t brown. Add half the cheese, salt, pepper and the sour cream when the eggs are almost completely cooked through, mix well.
- Split the baked potato almost in half, pushing the two ends to open the potato up a little and expose the inside.
- Scoop the eggs into the potato cavity and sprinkle with remaining cheese, green onion, the halved 5-minute Egg and some smoked paprika. Serve immediately!
Sugar Free Iced Coffee Latte · 1/2 cup coffee · 1/2 cup almond milk · 1 tablespoons Lite&Sweet · 1 tsp vanilla extract · 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon · ice INSTRUCTIONS: 1. Mix the coffee, almond milk, Lite&Sweet,...
Sugar Free Ice Tea With Lemon and Mint
No Sugar Added Banana Nut Muffins No Sugar Added Banana Nut Muffins Ingredients 1 cup Lite&Sweet 1/2 cup softened butter 2 eggs 3 to 4 medium bananas (about 1 1/2 cup) 1/2 cup buttermilk 1 teaspoon vanilla 2 cups of all purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking soda 1...
No Sugar Added Yogurt Corn Bread When I think of Cornbread I think of comfort food, now with the chilly fall weather fully upon us this is a great football game day spread with beans, greens, or a bowl of chili. We all love the yellow, flaky, sweet bread that melts in...
No Sugar Added Pumpkin Pie No Sugar Added Pumpkin Pie Happy Holidays! We are now approaching the time where we will be traveling to all of our family dinners, for the next couple of months with the holidays shortly approaching us, we will be sitting around the table...
Healthy Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes If you are looking for a healthier version of classic recipes sugar free, and fewer calories for Thanksgiving this holiday season that will please everyone and allow you to indulge in your fall cravings in every dish. You have come...