Egg and Cheese Loaded Baked Potato
If you’ve ever been at a restaurant and asked for them to “hold the cheese” on your baked potato I’m not sure if we can be friends… Totally kidding! Well, kind of, because cheese is very important to me! I love cheese and many people don’t eat it because they think it’s bad for them, however eating fresh cheese is good especially if you are not gluten sensitive. There is something about the gooeyness that happens when it coats a warm baked potato that’s why I want to share this great recipe I make at least once sometimes twice per week. So when it came to creating a baked potato recipe that my family and I love, I don’t know if I wouldn’t leave out the cheese, but I decided to amp things up a little and add some protein by using eggs!
If you’re reading my blogs for the first time now you know my love for cheese, but my love for eggs might stump my love for cheese. They can be manipulated in so many different ways and are healthy, protein loaded, most nutritious ingredient in my option. Not to mention I can’t leave without it because it’s so tasty and keeps me full, healthy and satisfied until next meal. YAnd in this recipe we are using the eggs in two different ways. We incorporate them both by having whisked, runny eggs as well as a soft-boiled egg. It just adds so much extra flavor and each bite has something different to it. Now while I personally think the eggs and cheese are the stars of this dish, don’t forget that you can also add other garnishes and spices to enhance the flavors of both the cheese and eggs.
Potato bars are popular at my house. And when I bring a new ingredient to the table my family, friends, party goers or guests are ecstatic. Everyone knows that whether it’s a luncheon or just family dinner I will make something that most people haven’t tried with their original dish. It makes things fun! And I love being able to share my “secret ingredients” with others so that they can see how easy it really is to eat clean. You don’t need to make drastic changes to your lifestyle, just creative changes.
I hope you try hard at eating a healthy balanced meal with low sugar, lots of protein as well as love carb. Stay healthy everyone and eat sugar free.
Yield: 1 serving
2 large fresh Eggs, whisked
1 large Russet Potato
¼ cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
2 tablespoons Sour Cream
1 teaspoon Butter, melted
Salt and Pepper
1 tablespoon Olive Oil
Green Onions, sliced for garnishing
Smoked Paprika (Optional)
1- 5 minute Egg cut in half (Garnish)
- Set oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit. Poke some holes in the potato with a fork. Rub the potato in the olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper all over the skin. Place the entire potato in the oven and roast for 1 hour or until done. Set aside.
- Place the egg in a pot with cold water. Make sure there’s an inch of water above the egg. Optional: Add ¼ teaspoon of white vinegar in the water to help the shells peel off the egg easier.
- Place the pot on the burner over high-heat and bring to a light boil.
- When the water begins to boil, cover the pot with a lid, turn off the burner and remove from heat.
- Immediately set a timer for 5 minutes. During this time prep a bowl of cold water and ice.
- When 5 minutes is up, remove them from the pot and gently dunk them in the bowl of ice cold water to cool.
- Gently crack and peel the eggs. Set aside.
- Melt the teaspoon of butter in a sloped saute or egg pan over medium heat. Add the whisked eggs to the pan and cook, constantly stirring with the spatula so that it doesn’t brown. Add half the cheese, salt, pepper and the sour cream when the eggs are almost completely cooked through, mix well.
- Split the baked potato almost in half, pushing the two ends to open the potato up a little and expose the inside.
- Scoop the eggs into the potato cavity and sprinkle with remaining cheese, green onion, the halved 5-minute Egg and some smoked paprika. Serve immediately!
Creamy, tender and plump are all words that come to mind when I think of a scallop and shrimp pasta. I am also immediately reminded of the multiple restaurants that serve this kind of pasta and just wish I could go get a big bowl. However, when I’m at one of those...
Low Carb Multigrain Bacon & Cheese Breakfast Tortilla I am on a breakfast kick lately. I think it’s because I recently realized just how many different ingredients and flavors you can use to make a quick healthy breakfast even at 6:00 in the morning. Now we all...
Sugar Free Pineapple Strawberry Salsa Ingredients: 1 cup pineapple 1 cup strawberries 2 tbs Lite and sweet 1 avocado peeled, pitted and diced 2 tbs diced red onion 1 tbs diced jalapeno 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro 2 tbs fresh lime juice Salt and Pepper to taste...
Gluten Free Coconut Milk Tapioca Pudding Sugar-Free Coconut Milk Tapioca Pudding (Dairy and Gluten-Free) This Sugar-Free Coconut Milk Tapioca Pudding (Dairy and Gluten-Free) makes an excellent Passover dessert. Actually, this makes an amazing sweet treat for any...
Gluten Free Oatmeal-Almond Berry Pancakes Pancakes are my breakfast specialty! My girls love to eat them and I love to make them. However, store bought pancake batters can sometimes be loaded with sugars and will call for a lot of butter or oil. So while they may be...
Sugar Free Chocolate Raspberry Protein Bites I don’t know if it’s because it finally feels like summer here and I’ve been going to the gym constantly to get that summer body ready, or if it’s watching my girls do all of their activities with their strong bodies, but I...